How many times have computer repair issues thwarted you from getting your work done? It doesn't have to be like this! I offer emergency data recovery services, hardware replacement, malware removal, wireless networking and more exclusively in the Cleveland, Ohio USA area.
Computer repair issues are very frustrating for all customers. Compounding this difficulty is the need to find a capable, reliable and affordable technician to resolve them. I have the skills, experience and patience to deal effectively with an array of PC issues. I offer these computer repair services and more for both home and business:
- Advise on the selection of new computers as it pertains to the customer's need for the next five (5) years.
- Configuration of high speed internet dsl/cable modems and routers.
- Configuration of wireless printers, networked printers, networked drives and shared folders.
- Emergency data recovery and restoration for logical and physical hard disk crashes.
- General software maintenance including unnecessary file/folder removal and disabling unneeded start up software.
- Installation of anti-virus, anti-spyware, and registry scanner and various other utility software.
- Recovery of deleted and/or missing files from hard drives that have not yet been formatted.
- Removal of viruses and spyware through scanning and manual removal.
- Replacement of cd/dvd drives, cmos batteries, hard disks, laptop/notebook lcd screens, memory modules, network cards/adapters, power supplies and usb hubs.
I pride myself on approaching your troubleshooting challenges with 100% effort. While a successful outcome is never guaranteed, I try to utilize all my creativity and resourcefulness to achieve a positive end result. One of the cornerstones of how I handle computer repair is tenacious research on the internet. Even if I don't know how to solve a problem at first, I can usually research a solution online to achieve a good result for the customer.
I typically deal with PC issues using a "three pronged" approach:
- I first isolate the location of the problem.
- Next I attempt to determine the cause of what is happening.
- Finally, I apply a solution to resolve the issue.
Many times annoying malware pop-up screens are benign in nature. Quite often, I can remove these nuisances using manual methods as opposed to doing a full virus or spyware scan. The removal techniques vary from one scenario to the next. It all depends on the nature of the problem. This usually works well with one or a handful of infections. With a larger number of viruses and spyware, it will typically involve more work. In this scenario, the PC is usually malfunctioning to such an extreme that a part of the Windows operating system has probably been damaged or comprised. The only option left at this point is to first back up all the files and folders that need to be saved for future restoration. I have data transfer cables to easily facilitate this. After a new, viable Windows installation has been placed on the hard drive, the previously backed up files and folders will be restored to the computer. I also install free virus and spyware scanning software along with a free registry scanner. These keep most malware out of the machine as long as they are updated periodically. The registry scanner keeps the Windows system registry from becoming bloated with unneeded, redundant, or nonexistent entries.
Have you ever deleted or misplaced files and folders by accident? It's very frustrating isn't it? I can usually recover theantlem with deleted file and folder recovery software. As long as the hard drive has not been formatted or a lot of new software has not been installed or written to the disk since the mishap, I can typically get the information back for you.
I can deal with most logical (software related, not physical damage) hard disk crashes. Depending on the severity of a physical hard disk crash, I may be able to recover files and folders from a physically defective disk as long as it isn't a mechanical read/write head crash. In that event, the disk may need to be sent out to a data recovery company that has a "clean room". Here they will physically dismantle the disk and attempt to recover data from the individual hard disk platters. Even then, success may not be guaranteed depending on the condition of the platters.
In addition to Cleveland, Ohio and Cuyahoga county, I am available in the counties of Ashtabula, Geauga, Lake, Lorain, Medina, Portage and Summit. I can usually respond within 24 to 48 hours after receiving the call or email. I can work evenings and weekends in addition to daytime hours. Please use my email and phone contact page to contact me today for assistance with your computer repair problems!